In 1939, Wetz Brothers Trucking Co. was formed with Norman, Francis and Roy O. Wetz. In 1948, Roy O. Wetz became the sole owner of the business and changed the name to R.O. Wetz Transportation. In 1955 the business was moved to Pike Street in Marietta, Ohio. In 1959, Wetz White & Autocar Sales and Service opened. In 1960, Wetz became a licensed truck dealership. In 1966, Wetz expanded into barge and railcar unloading. In 1977, Wetz Investment Co. was opened for warehousing. Today the Wetz family of companies operates from State Route 7, south of Marietta, Ohio, serving the Mid Ohio Valley’s numerous industries.
Wetz Companies is a network of companies providing quality logistics services specializing in full-service, client specific solutions. Our joint effort of people, technology and location allows our customers to gain the advantage in their target market and win customers.
For over 75 years Wetz Companies have been a leader in the third party logistics industry. Our dedication to teamwork, technological advancements and customer satisfaction has made the success of our customers the basis for our own. Being a family owned company makes our commitment to meeting customers needs and requirements our number one goal.
1939 Brothers Norman, Francis and Roy O. Wetz started Wetz Brothers Trucking Co.
1948 Roy O. Wetz becomes sole owner and changes name to R.O. Wetz Transportation
1966 Wetz expands to barge & railcar loading and unloading with R.O. Wetz Inc.
1977 Opened Wetz Investment Co.
1983 R.O. Wetz, Rejer Transport and Hub Freight Systems to form R. O. Wetz Transportation Company
1990 Warehouse #3 built on Blue Knob Road property
1994 Warehouse #4 built on Blue Knob Road property
1998 Warehouse #8 built on Blue Knob Road property
1999 Moved Wetz Investment Company from Pike Street location to Blue Knob Road property
2000 Warehouse #9 & #10 built on Blue Knob Road property
2005 R.O. Wetz Transportation Company moves from Pike Street to Blue Knob Road property
2012 Warehouse #13 & #14 built on Blue Knob Road property
2013 Warehouse #15 built on Blue Knob Road property
2015 Warehouse #9 expansion; Warehouse #16 built on Blue Knob Road property